Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic "Mayo"
- 1/2 cup coconut butter slightly warmed or dry coconut cream in a box. Not the coconut cream in a can.
- 1/2 cup warm filtered water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt or pink hymalayan salt
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick fries
- 4 tbsp solid cooking fat, melted
- sea salt to taste
- To make the mayo, place the coconut butter, warm water, olive oil, garlic cloves and salt in a blender and blend on high for a minute or two, until the sauce thickens. Let cool for an hour at room temperature - alternatively, you can place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. If you would like to use the sauce in a cold dish, thin with water until the desired consistency is reached.
- To make the fries, preheat your oven to 400 F. Place the sweet potato fries into a large bowl and cot with the cooking fat and sea salt. Arrange on a series of baking sheets so that the fries have adequate space between them (this is how they come out crispy). Use 3-4 sheets if you need to. Add the sea salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from the oven, flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, watching at the end so that they don't burn.
Note: The "Mayo" keeps well in the refrigerator but it hardens so leave at room temperature for 15-20 minutes or warm gently before using.