Bacon Asparagus Salad (warm)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil to cook with
- 4 slices (112g) bacon chopped (make sure bacon is AIP-compliant)
- 20 spears (320g) Asparagus chopped
- 1 head (200g) romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 large (200g) avocado diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus to the skillet and cook to desired tenderness, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide the chopped romaine leaves between two plates and top with the bacon, asparagus and avocado. Drizzle each salad with the lemon juice.
Calories: 525 Fat: 48g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 7g Protein: 9g Total Carbs: 22g Net Carbs: 9g