Chicken Cauliflower "Couscous" Salad
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil (45 ml) divided, to cook with
- 2 chicken breasts (400g) diced
- 0.5 head of cauliflower (300g) processed into rice-like pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic (12g) minced or finely diced
- 2 carrots (100g) shredded or thinly sliced
- 0.5 cucumber (110g), diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (15ml)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (15 ml)
- 4 green onions (20 g), finely chopped
- 0.5 cup of fresh parsley (8g), chopped
- salt to taste (sea salt or pink hymalayan)
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until full cooked, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt, to taste. check with a meat thermometer that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F (75C). Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon (15 ml) of coconut oil. Add the cauliflower and garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the cauliflower is just soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cauliflower, and the remaining ingredients. Season with salt, to taste.