Easy Sautéed Spinach
- 2 large bunches of spinach (about 1 pound)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp to cook and 1 tbsp to add at the end
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- salt to taste (sea salt or pink hymalayan)
- Clean and prep the spinach. Cut off the thick steam. Wash thoroughly. Put spinach in salad spinner to remove excess moisture.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until garlic is just beginning to brown.
- Add the spinach to the pan, packing it down a bit if you need to with your hand. Use a couple of spatulas to lift the spinach and turn it over in the pan so that you coat all of it with the olive oil and garlic. Do this a couple of times. Cover the pan and cook for 1 minute. Uncover and turn the spinach over again. Cover the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from pan and drain excess liquid: After 2 minutes of covered cooking the spinach should be completely wilted. Remove from heat. Drain any excess liquid from the pan. Add a little more olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. serve immediately.